Classes & more . . .

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Photo of the day

Last year for my birthday, Timi and Nancy W. 
gave me this great old Samsonite train case.

I've wanted one ever since a student came in the store for a class with her supplies tucked inside one of these vintage suitcases.   This one is in perfect condition and I have been trying to make up my mind 
how to alter it ever since. 
  


The inside is lined with a plastic, washable material and has the original pockets, mirror and storage tray.   I wanted to keep the pockets but decided to disquise them with a wide lace and I lined the inside of the case with a pretty fabric.  So far, I like it a lot. 


I need something for around the mirror and I may do something with the plastic tray that sits inside still.   I may just leave the outside alone for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment