Classes & more . . .

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Photo of the day

but first a poem . . .

I Am A Soldier’s Mother

Thank you Cynthia Gibbs for writing this heartfelt poem.


I am a soldier’s mother; I sometimes march alone
And yet I stand with many, trying to be strong.

You may not recognize me as you pass me on the street;
I may look like any other that you by chance might meet.

Like any mother, in a lot of ways I still remain,
But watching my son become a soldier brought a forever change.

For deep down inside where you cannot see
My own battle rages that’s as real as it can be.

It starts with feeling pride in all he has become,
But often worry creeps in before the day is done.

Then there is his absence that never will seem right -
The days without a word that causes many sleepless nights.

And at the sight of another soldier, my heart skips a beat,
For it reminds me of my own, and that face I’d love to see.

And I have a deeper sense of the sacrifices our heroes make;
I can see the hardships on the families – the loneliness, the heartache.

But in spite of all that’s raging, this mother’s love holds strong
As I’m wrapped in God’s peace and comfort and given strength to go on.

© Cynthia Gibbs
Another package going postal to soldier son . . .  
He only wants healthy snacks but I just had to include the
Peeps (used to be his favorite).

Love you son.  Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment